Walk & fundraise to double lung cancer survival by 2022!
Not near one of our 40 Free to Breathe Run/Walk events but want to participate and fundraise? Now, you can host a Free to Breathe DIY Community Walk any time, any place, anywhere to support those affected by lung cancer.
How does it work?
- Pick a date and time that works for you and then seek out a scenic path, use the high school track, or just pick a neighborhood to walk around. Download our DIY Community Walk Guide for helpful tips.
- Create a FREE Team Page for your event for your Free to Breathe Community DIY Walk using the links above, and invite all of your family and friends to join your walk by registering for FREE through your page. (Your Team Page is essentially the registration page for your event.) If someone you know has already formed an event, simply click on the "join a team" button above and search for the event you would like to join.)
- Start fundraising & earning prizes!
- Looking for a Free to Breathe 5k or walk? Find an event here.
Fundraising & prizes!
All teams and participants will receive customizable online fundraising pages that makes fundraising simple! However, pledge and donation forms can also be downloaded by here.
Participants who raise $100 will earn a Free to Breathe lung cancer HERO cape that will be sent to them to wear at their walk if they raise $100 in time! Participants can keep fundraising for up to 30 days after their walk to also earn fabulous incentive prizes:
• Free to Breathe tumbler at $250;
• Free to Breathe insulated lunch cooler at $500;
• Free to Breathe fleece jacket at $1,000!
At the end of the year, the top overall individual fundraiser and top fundraising team will be recognized as well!
Want to create team t-shirts?
Create your own t-shirts at http://www.booster.com/ and raise a little money for your team at the same time!
People all across the country are getting together to walk for lung cancer! Take a look and share your own experiences!